Ichthus is the English speaking congregation that is part of the Chinese Evangelical Church of Edinburgh (CECE). Our church congregation meets every Sunday at 1.30pm and has a joint service with the Chinese speaking congregation on the last Sunday of every month.
We are a church that passionately wants to live for and serve God through Jesus Christ our Lord. We warmly invite any visitors to come to the church whether you are looking to join a new church or if it is the first time you have come to the church. Our services are in English which normally consists of a time of singing songs of worship to God, a children’s address (before children can go to Sunday school), prayer and a sermon preached by our pastor or a guest speaker. There is also a time for fellowship after the services with hot drinks and food available.
Below is the CECE Statement of Faith outlining our core Biblical beliefs:
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice;
- We believe in the Triune God, the unity and equality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- We believe that man being the image of God, was originally created good, but has fallen into sin in Adam, becomes sinful in his nature and is deservedly under God’s wrath and condemnation;
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Who died for man on the Cross, and His death is man’s only way of redemption from sin and reconciliation with God;
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ;
- We believe that man is justified by faith alone in Christ with no part from any of his works.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit Who is sent from the Father and the Son to make effective the redemption in Christ for the regeneration and sanctification of the believer;
- We believe in the one, holy, apostolic, catholic Church, which is the Body of Christ, whose mission is the building up of believers and the preaching of the Gospel of God through the Holy Spirit;
- We believe that Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two Sacraments instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ for the Church;
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will come again in person in His glory to judge the world and to receive His Church, His Bride into the eternal presence of God.